Business Information Technologist
I am a Business Architect with solid knowledge and experience with all the moving pieces in technology and business processes. My particular strengths are communications, data flow, and troubleshooting. I get genuine satisfaction from writing clear, comprehensive, useful documentation.
I am comfortable speaking or presenting in front of VIPs, and I have a particular knack for bridging the language gap between business and technology folks. I enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and with different life experiences.
- risk awareness, analysis, and mitigation
- development processes (SDLC, e.g. waterfall or Agile)
- application functional and technical design
- requirements gathering and documentation
- human interface design
- writing and documentaion
- speaking and presentation
- data vizualization (useful reports and graphs)
- translation between technical and business folks
- problem identification and analysis
- solution identification and implementation
- risk identification and mitigation
- SQL and relational databases (mostly Oracle)
- Markup languages (HTML, CSS, XML, Markdown, ...)
- Strong working knowledge of system interactions and interfaces
- 4GL or table/rule-based develoment (e.g., Remedy)
- General familiarity with statistical modeling and machine learning
Tools of the Trade
- MS-Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Visio, Sharepoint, Project)
- Reporting tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Web-based (GitHub, Jira, Salesforce, Workday, ...)
UNC-Charlotte / Trilogy Bootcamp
Full Stack Data Analysis and Visualization,
Grade: A+ (100%)
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, 1993.
Minor in Computer Science.
Community College of the Air Force
Associate of Applied Science in Electronic Systems Technology, 1989.
The George Washington School of Business
Logical Data Modeling, 2008.
Process Modeling and Management, 2008.
Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute
Introduction to the Capability Maturity Model® Integration Version 1.2, 2007.
I am a Notary Public in and for Wayne County, North Carolina.